Monday 23 November 2015

Holiday. Chapter 2. Cathedral Cove

It's been one of those really long but also really amazing days today. A Sunday with no Sunday blues. A real Sundayfunday. Anyway. We started of with a short walk down Mount Manganui downtown and had some coffee, went to the farmers market to buy some cheap avocados and the most amazing ciabatta loaf and then ended up at the cupcake cafe Sugartown. A cute little hidden gem with two vegan options; Raw muesli slice and a Citrus cupcake. Of course I just had to try both and they were divine! A more chocolaty vegan version would be even better though!



After that sugar-kick we were ready to take off on our 2 hour road trip to Coromandel and Cathedral Cove (which is supposed to be one of the best beaches in the world and I could definitely see why!)


You have to go on a 45ish minute walk in beautiful nature to get to this lovely Cove, which made me feel so ready to just jump into the sea as soon as we reached the beach. 



It was so nice swimming in the sea again! And I feel like I can say that summer is back for real now that I've finally had my first dip in ages!



We arrived back in our batch in the mount pretty late and we're all pretty tired and very hungry and decided to order some Indian food. It's always a bit scary to order food from a restaurant which isn't fully vegetarian as I always feel suspicious that it won't actually be vegan. I think you get that eating-out-paranoia because you know how easy it is for everyone to make mistakes, not to mention in the restaurant business (I've been there myself and I know I've made x amount of mistakes over my time as a waitress, barista etc at various places!) Being a cautious eater is kind of a part of being vegan so luckily enough I could see that there were chicken in my curry instead of the tofu I had ordered.. I'm just really happy that I didn't just start eating straight away. That has happened before and it's the worst feeling eating something dead without realising until you've had a bite! Anyway, the evening did end well when we finally got the right order when the owner from the restaurant came back with the tofu curries just before midnight. 

Do I have to mention that I had the best sleep after this day?

No comments:

Post a Comment