Tuesday 24 November 2015

Holiday. Chapter 3. A foodies perfect day

I woke up today and still feel so full from all the food I had yesterday. We had a lot of food to go through as we are leaving the batch in Mount Maunganui today to take a flight down south to Christchurch. So since we all hate to let food go to waste we started the day with a vegan brunch feast: scrambled chickpeas, ciabatta, Frys sausages, tomato & spinach salad, a broccoli-cabbage-onion- cashew nut warm salad and some strawberries. 



Then we took a long bike ride along the beach and through the whole area of Mount Maunganui in the beautiful sunny weather with no cloud in sight for the first time in ages! 


We stopped by a Tank, which is a New Zealand juice bar chain that I've never tried before. We had a avocado-banana-kale-kiwi-coconut cream- smoothie which was so good that I could easily have had 3 of them in a row. Yum!




After that we had some drinks out in the town before we headed back home for the second food feast of this day: pizza overloaded with different veggies (broccoli, zucchini, tomato, sundries tomatoes, olives, cabbage, onion, kumara, leek, capsicum), samosas, onion bajees and fried asparagus in olive oil.


Yeah. Like I said. I'm still soooo full and I feel like my stomach is about to, like, die or something but jeez I'm so keen to go down to the South Island of new Ealand for the first time. See you on the other side people! 

No comments:

Post a Comment