Wednesday 3 June 2015

Happy birthday to the queen!

Due to the Queens birthday (yes, queen Elizabeth, in the UK) this weekend meant loooong weekend = an extra day off work. It's funny that this day counts as a holiday here in New Zealand, but not in the UK. Oh well, say what you like about the royal family and shit, I just want to say happy b-day queen and thanks for giving me an extra day off work!

I've done a lot of needed sleep ins (due to 12 days of getting up early in a row, since I spent last weekend doing Greenpeace action training. This mostly involved alot of fun and cool activities which I would be so gutted to have missed, but also not much sleep for a light sleeper like myself) and treated my better half to a massive pancake brunch.


People usually asks what I use instead of eggs in pancakes. Now, there are alot of things to use instead, one of them is that egg replacer powder which is great, but I use the easiest recipe that results in yummy pancakes - without any egg replacer whatsoever! All you need to make amazing vegan pancakes is oat milk, flour, melted vegan butter and tiny bit of salt. 

Anyway, besides sleeping, being lazy and eating pancakes we went with Danni and Scott (yes, Guys brother Scott and his girlfriend Danni just joined us in Auckland, wihoo!!) to Piha, which is a little beach village just a 30 minutes drive from central Auckland. 

First stop when arriving was of course a cafe where we all could have our morning coffee to be able to wake up before climbing the massive rock on the beach. (And the cafe we went to had soy lattes and some vegan food dishes and sweets, yay!)





Loaded with caffein we started the walk up Lion Rock, it was such a steep walk and the view from the top was absolutely stunning (even though it felt as if the wind could've pushed me down). We found a great little spot at the top where we could just sit and enjoy it and I think I could've sat down there for ages and just admiring the surroundings.



We finished off the weekend with a nice falafel/hummus/oven baked parsnip/avocado salad dinner to prepare for the work week to come. 


But I must say, going back to work doesn't feel that bad when you have your little cat at your desk waiting for you and lunch breaks which entails jogging up Mount Eden and admiring the view from up there every day. Sometimes I really do feel like the luckiest girl in the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment