Monday 1 June 2015

Walking in a winter wonderlaaaaaand - in June?!

Get ready for some serious moaning. I'm sorry but I cannot stop myself from saying it one more time: I hate cold. I cannot believe it's June already. It is so confusing that June + winter this year and not the best freaking month of the year.

I'm starting to see cute summer-y photos from friends back home on Facebook and Instagram and while I am happy for you all who are experiencing the absolutely best time of the year in Sweden, I  keep thinking what the hell I was thinking when I agreed to go through another winter this year. 

Okay, yes, we left a cold grey England in January and skipped a few awful months, but the fact that the winter hasn't even started and I am freezing here already makes me want to go back home immidately. It would be ok if the houses had some kind of heating here, but apparently they don't. We didn't realize until we had moved in to where we live now that there are no radiators in the entire house (!) 

But then again, it is so good that we have our own fireplace in our room to keep us warm at the worst times. 


And to be fair, it is pretty cosy sitting by the fire with a glass of red and watching a movie. And to be fair again. Winter here is nothing compared to the winter back home. It's not like it's snowy or anything,  winter here in Auckland seems to entail alot of rain and storm instead.


It's also very good that we live close to super vegan friendly cool cafe Vinyl on Dominion Road, so that we can stay warm with a nice cup of soy latte when its way to cold in the house.



I cannot promise this will be my only winter moaning this winter, but oh my, it does feel better now after writing about it. Thanks for listening to my bull shit. That's enough moaning and negativity for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment