Monday 15 June 2015

The best first year of my life

A year ago, I was sitting in a bar in Torquay together with a few of my colleges that I just met as we all just started working for STS Language School for the summer. We were having our first night out in town and we wanted to watch England play against Italy in the World Cup and found the shittiest little bar where we could sit down and actually see the TV screen. 

The place was packed with crazy English football supporters and I just felt a liiiiiittle bit scared of how they all would act when the game actually started - or even worse, how they would react when England won, or lost (which they did, but it wasn't as horrible as I had imagined).

Anyway, in the second half a guy in a hawaii shirt walks into the bar and he catch my eye immediately and how much I try, I can't stop looking at him. 

Little did I know that a year from this day, this guy in particular was gonna turn out to be MY Guy. The love of my life. The one Guy that I cannot live without. The one Guy that I would do anything for and that would do anything for me. 


Even though it's only been a year we have already had ups and downs - which might have to do with the fact that we basically moved in together after knowing each other for two months and that we almost haven't spend one day apart since that night we met in the bar. 

Being on NZ time and all, we celebrated our birthday yesterday - in the best possible way I could imagine. Going for a yummy tofu burger at Burgerfuel and then spend the rest of the day watching the third and new season of Orange is the new black (if you haven't started to watch it yet - start now! The new season is great!)


But since my boyfriend is the most caring, loving, best, cutest, hottest and kindest person on Earth he surprised me with flowers - I definately did NOT expect a flower delivery coming to my desk at work on a shitty Monday morning. 


I am so spoiled, but even though I am hard to live with and even though I can be the bitchiest girlfriend in the world, Guy endures all that and treats me like I am the queen of the world. And give me my favourite flowers. On a shitty Monday morning. (Well a shitty Monday morning that didn't feel that shitty for that long because of these pretty things)


Guy Marsden: I love you more than words could ever describe this has truly been the best year of my life. And everyone else: I'm sorry about this post, I just had to brag about my boyfriend. Sorry - he's just the best boyfriend in the world so I can't help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment