Wednesday 1 July 2015

What's been going down since last time I saw you

So it's been a while again. A lot has happened since last time and I have a few busy week behind me.

First of all, I been starting to go to yoga and a absolutely love it! I'm going to Abundance yoga centre located in the City Fitness gym on Queens Street, where it only costs 20 dollars/week to become a member and be able to access the gym and all the different yoga classes.

It's so great to go to a yoga class after a busy day at work, to just give myself an hour every day where I only focus on mye, and I can shut all stress and everything else outside for a moment. Pretend that it's not there, which do help, in that moment.

Because it has been a few stressful weeks to say the least..



Oh yeah, because did I mentioned that we moved a couple of weeks ago? Maybe I forgot to mention that tiny detail. We exchanged our big cold room and moved to a house much better and much closer to work, with the help of Scott, Danni and their van. 



Even though it was pouring down rain on moving day and even though we had to use the rug doctor to get rid of a stain on the carpet, the move in went pretty quickly (sometimes it's beneficial to be a backpacker and not have loads of stuff, sometimes)


I've alsocooked some amazing meals, of course. Cooking decent meals is always something I will prioritise even when times are stressful (mostly because I love food but also because as all of you hopefully know, good food is the source to a good mood.. For me anyway!)



I've also tried to become a master of making cupcakes. Yes, I have tried, I have failed and I have had my personal cupcake victories.


Me and Danni tried to make these gingerbread cupcakes, using my grandmas recipe and veganize it. We wanted to make it really cool and add a nice icing and make vegan merengues to put on top, and we did manage to make a couple of successful merengues but most of them just melted in the oven (I'm gonna give this another go at some point and let you know how they turn out!)


After three hours of experimenting on this cupcake Saturday eve, we were too tired to finish really, as the base tasted a lot like baking soda, true meurenges were a fail and because we hadn't even started with the icing at that point.

Other than that I've also had loads of bunny cuddles recently. We now even live with a bunny in our house - it's so great to have pets around again!



Last but not least, work has been going pretty well for both me and Guy. Working for Greenpeace is amazing, especially when activists climbes the Parliament House to take action for real climat change now and challenging John Key and the government. That makes me feel even more proud that I work for this organisation!


Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment