Tuesday 4 October 2016

Natural History Museum & more screams for ice cream

The new area of London to check out for this weekend was the posh area of Kensington. We went mainly there to hide away from the rain inside of the amazing Natural History Museum. It's the first time I've been here and I surprised myself with how fascinating I especially found the dinosaur area (Ross Geller would've been so proud of me!). How cool is it that so many of these huge creatures were plant eaters as well? Only goes to show again how you can be very big, tough and strong as a vegan.




It’s great that the museum has free entrance for a poor person like me, and for all other hundreds of people crowded in there. I was ready to leave pretty quickly and we decided to come back to explore the museums other areas some more another time because I just couldn’t stand to hear another kid screaming in my ear.




Instead we found yet another ice cream treasure just four minutes walk away from the museum, at the fancy ice cream café Snowflake.

 

Most of the ice cream had dairy, but the fruity sorbets as well as the dark chocolate ice cream were vegan. There was no doubt which one I wanted to go for as the true chocoholic that I am. I had a medium size and I felt stuffed after having that ice cream, it was so rich, smooth and so chocolaty that I will dream about this moment next time the chocolate cravings hit me.

To continue our posh day, we went by a Waitrose. As I mentioned in previous post. Waitrose is my guilty pleasure. It is seen as a very fancy supermarket and things are meant to be slightly more expensive here than other food shops, but, and that is a big but, they have such an amazing range of vegan and healthy food choices that I go bananas and spend way too long in there every time I visit. (Plus, as a Waitrose member you get free coffee and tea when you visit, that right there is one of the reasons I got hooked) 


Thanks to a very good food shop that day, we could have an even better Saturday night. We made pizza with a home made polenta crust. A recipe which I found here.





I didn’t make it thin enough though, so it was a but gooey. But the vio life cheese and massive amount of olives, courgettes and mushrooms we put on made it really nice in the end. It was indeed a perfect dinner for our red wine and The Office US marathon we had that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment