Thursday 3 December 2015

Holiday. Chapter 9. Bye camper life, helloooo Queenstown



The end of our happy camper life came pretty quick, even though I felt as if I hadn't slept in a proper bed for ages at the same time. Before reaching Queenstown we also went to Lake Tekapu - the most gorgeous lake I've ever seen, just next to New Zealand's highest mountain, Mount Cook (we actually we there before Wanaka but for some strange reason I forgot to mention or freedom camping night here!)


And then, finally, we made it to the adventure town and oh-so-well-known Queenstown. It felt like seeing a celebrity or something when we walked into the town center after all we've heard about this place long before living in New Zealand. 
I headed straight to the see the second celebrity of the day; Fergburger. This is said to be THE best burger place in the world. My hopes were pretty low though, rumours like these tend to build it up so much and then it's not a big deal. Like Burger Burger in Auckland which is meant to have the best burgers in the city, and it was not top notch at all - they don't even have vegan buns so you have to have a stupid lettuce wrap. And that falafel place in Paris which is known for the best falafel in the world and it wasn't exactly better than the amazing falafel you get from Jalla Jalla in Malmö.  

ANYWAY. My hopes were low, but ooooh dear did this super burger blow my mind. We went there at like 3:30pm which I think was a good time to go. The que wasn't too long and we "only" have to wait for 20 mins to get out burger (I've heard some people that have to wait for like 1-2 hours in total!). We shared a Holier than thou (tempured tofu with a satay, coconut and coriander sauce, lettuce, cucumber, tomato red onion and snowpea shots. Just had to ask them to remove the aioli to make it vegan!), half a burger was enough for me cause the burgers are massive! Apart from this one they have a falafel burger (Guy said it was the best burger he's ever had). 

So yes. Fergburger definitely deserves the title best burger place in the world.


Other than having the best burger in the world Queenstown has been very, very exciting so far. Because as I mentioned proudly in my last blog post; I crossed of the number 1 thing on my bucket list: Byngy jumping.


Me and Danni decided to do it spontaneously. One minute we where in the food shop talking about what to have for dinner, and the next thing I knew we were sitting on the bus, taking us to the Nevis Bungy Jump. 


I do think that was the best way to do it because I was absolutely terrified as I mentioned, but GOSH I'm so happy I actually managed to do this. 





The happiness afterwards is hard to put down in words. I'm also so happy that I could share it with Guy who had to pay 50 dollars just to come and watch me do it close up even though he is very scared of heights, so I know it was a big deal to come up in the cable car to the dangly platform. Thank you love!!!




After a 45 min bus ride back to Queenstown we went to the cool bar/restaurant World Bar to celebrate. They have so many good vegan options on their menu! Both startes and main courses. We cauliflower buffalo wings, polenta strips and fries and the polenta strips were my favourite - soooo good!




Queenstown has so far been so eventful that I feel exhausted every evening. So with that I say: GOOD NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment