Sunday 6 December 2015

Holiday. Chapter 10. Old school Arrowtown & great Queenstown heights


I feel spoilt waking up with this view every morning here in Q-town and I feel even more spoilt with all the nice food we've had during this holiday. The other day we made this vegan brunch with cheese toasts, warm lentil salad, oven baked potatoes, grilled tomatoes, cacon (carrot bacon), spinach & tomato salad and some strawberries. 


With a nice hearty brunch like that we decided to take a getaway from buzzing Queenstown, to one of the oldest towns in nz: Arrowtown. It's such a cute little town that reminded me of like Cockington village in Torquay, or a smal Gamla Stan in Stockholm. I love tjust walking around in small old school town like this! There were so many nice little cafes and pubs around and we strolled around for a bit before having some coffee and then with that little break we headed back to Queenstown again.




Back in busy Queeni, we had a second round of Fergburger. Still cannot belive how darned good these burgers are! I just have to go for a third round before leaving this town!


Thanks to our lovely house mate Tony (his b-day present for me!), we were able to a go up the Gondola (that goes up like 430 meters!) and also ride on the luge. 




The luge rides goes from the top of the mountain and it's almost like riding a real life Mario kart! Sooo much fun! People all ages did it as well which is cool. Such a thrill!


Queenstown sure has a lot to offer, there is definitely something you can do every day (at least if you feel like you can pay for it!), but it is a bit too busy for my liking. It's a small town with a big reputation, so no wonder there are so many people here. I'm happy to have seen it and we've had a great time so far, but I do prefer places like Wanaka. There are so many nice, similar towns, that you'll miss out on if you only go to Queenstown when in NZ (and I have loads of them left to explore!)

No comments:

Post a Comment