Sunday 10 May 2015

Winter weekend fun

This weekend has been a true house-mate-bound-weekend. Me and Guy went out with our german roomie Florian in a sunny Saturday. Our first stop was at Shakys, where we had our weekly soy latte treat and then we walked a few seconds down New North Road, to the cool Burger place Handmade. Rumor says that this place makes insanely good veggie burgers, so we felt as if we just HAD to try it out.


They had about five vegetarian options and three vegan ones, falafel, tofu and tempeh. Since I hadn't had tempeh since we left Bali, my mouth was watering just of the thought of it so I tried that one - and it was delicious! Although, it is not at all as good as the tofu burger from Burgerfuel..


Afterwards we catched the bus to the CBD and went to K road, where all the cool second hand shops, cafes, bars and other cool places are. We found the cutest little vegan store "Cruelty Free Shop" where they had everything from vegan food products, to books and stickers. 


We went along Kroad, popped into a few second hand stores and made som good bargains, and ended up at the very vegan friendly, cool cafe Revel. If I still wasn't full from the burger earlier, I would've ordered all the vegan cakes they had.. (and if I had all the money in the world..)



Speaking of cakes. Instead of a Sunday Roast I'm gonna go make a chocolate cake now - wish me luck, I will need it 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment