Saturday 12 December 2015

Holiday. Chapter 13. Finishing in style & sky high


This amazing vegan taco salad (with super mega extra guacamole of course!) from Mexicali Fresh down by the harbour, was a great way of being welcomed back  to Auckland after our flight from Queenstown. 

I cannot emphasise enough how grateful I am to have the Marsdens as my second family, I wish there was something I could give in return for all the things I've been treated to during these 2 weeks and not to mention how much Guys parents spoilt us on this last day. 


Because there was certainly a grand final to this holiday when we went up the Skytower for the first time since living in New Zealand. The Skytower is a must-do thing here but we never really thought we would do it, but thanks to Barry and Carole, we did it and it was the most stunning view. The view from Mount Eden got nothing compared to this..

We were also invited to a super fancy dinner up at the Skytower restaurant, which is on one of the top floors in the Skytower; Orbit 360. This is the first time I've been to a restaurant that spins around and that was the highlight for me and a childhood dream becoming reality ;)


Surprisingly enough they had one vegetarian option which was also vegan (!) - a moussaka. It was really nice, but come on the size of this thing for the prize you pay? Not cool. Also seems like you benefit from ordering meat here once those portions looked much bigger.. Hmm. 



But I'm not gonna complaint cause this was truly and amazing evening that I will never ever forget! 

I'm so happy to have been invited to this family holiday. Thank you so so so so much for everything Carole and Barry! You are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment