Saturday 1 August 2015

Rainbow Warrior III


So the Greenpeace ship Rainbow Warrior has been resting up at Princes Wharf in Auckland for a few days now (http://www.greenpeace.org/new-zealand/en/about/ships/the-rainbow-warrior/) Yesterday we waved her goodbye and wished her and the crew the best of luck on future missions.

On Tuesday I was one of the lucky people who got to spend one night on the ship, when me Charli and Nicky signed up to volunteer as Night Shift crew. 




My shift to keep her safe was between 4-8am, which meant that I could experience the sunrise in Auckland (even though the actual sunrise was hidden behind the buildings at the Wharf)





I was seriously contemplating whether to find somewhere on the Rainbow to hide so that I could come with her out in the Pacific!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    It's a great blog and thanks for all info that is very interesting for us. Keep up the good work.
    quilotoa crater lake tour

    ReplyDelete