Tuesday 21 July 2015

I LOVE BRUNCH!


How good are bagels?! I hadn't had it in ages until we saw sesame bagels on special price at Countdown and decided to make ourselves a big weekend brunch. We made our special (using a recipe that Guy found for Christmas) sun dried tomato & white bean paté and using silken tofu, I also quickly made scrambled tofu. Scrambled tofu is so easy to make! I only blended the silken tofu with some spices, like pepper, salt and smoked paprika and added some finely chopped onion and capsicum and fried it all together - so yummmmm

It is for this reason I much more prefer cooking my own brunch (or food overall), because it gives me  much more choices and yummy flavours than a vegan option would be at a typical cafe here in Auckland where egg seems to be what they top up most things with, where I end up having to pay like 15 dollars for an oatmeal or something.

So to all you cafe owners out there: Who says you need dairy or egg to make an awesome brunch? All you need is some tofu, dairy free butter, sundried tomatoes and beans and you're all set!

No comments:

Post a Comment