Monday 13 July 2015

A piece of vegan heaven in Newmarket


Wise Cicada is a must visit for every vegan in Auckland. It's a cute shop and cafe combined in one place and there are so much on my wish list from this place.



So the cafe does amazing brunch on weekends, and they have so many different food choices (it's always strange being vegan and being able to have many different choices when you go out to eat) such as scrambled tofu, sandwiches with tofurky and other condiments, smoothies, juices, salads and much more.  

In the store they sell everything, and I mean, everything you might need for vegan cooking and/or baking. They have the Angel Food Cheese that Hell Pizza uses on their vegan pizzas and they even have a little deli where they sell tofu mayonnaise, beetroot hummus, cashew cheese etc and you pay by the gram. So cool!


Unfortunately it is a tad too expensive for me, when I am trying to save up as much as I can. One small piece of vegan cheese is like $14.. back home it is half this price. I will definitely go for another walk to Newmarket to treat myself as soon as I can though and it did give me lots of inspiration to start making my own vegan cheese and mayo and stuff from scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment