Thursday 30 April 2015

I'm still rockin'!

Hello all you fans out there,
I'm deeply sorry that I have been a really bad blogger these last few weeks, I know I have disappointed you, but I'm still alive and now when I live with mr. Wi-fi again I thought I'd give you a much needed update of what's going on in my kiwi life.

But first things first. My dearest, most wonderful, bestest friend and soul sis Sarah joined the 25 years club last week. As we currently live half a world away from each other I surprised her by asking the owner of our favourite vegan restaurant in Malmö, Kao's, to make a cake for her big day. Kao helped me out in the nicest and best possible way, and made this amazing birthday cake for Sarah. The only thing I told sarah before was: Go to Kao's and tell the staff it's your birthday. Don't ask why, just do it. And so she did.


According to her the cake was as yummy as it was gorgeous to look at. I soooo wish I could have a taste of this chocolaty treat! So thank you so, so much Kao for helping me surprise my best friend on her b-day! And once again, Sarah - happy birthday! Next year I hope I can celebrate it with you 😘

Other than that I've been very busy at my new job, that's right, I've got a new job - again! It's still at Greenpeace, but instead of doing Telefundraising I now work as a supporter relations assistant and I'm absolutely loving it! It is sooo much to learn and by now I probably know about 2% of everything I should now, but I work with the best people who patiently help me with my millions of questions every day.

So my carrier as a telefundraiser came to an end pretty early.

On Friday we had staff drinks after work and Jesse, who I worked in the telefundraising team with, had a gig as it was his last day at Greenpeace. I wish him all the luck in the world with his music carrier in London!


The same weekend me and Guy felt an urgent need to play monopoly and luckily enough we found a bargain in a toy store: My Monopoly! Which means that we could put a personal touch on the game and name all the streets ourselves. The creative part of it was more fun than the actual game (could be because I suck at Monopoly!)


Other than that me and Guy have explored the area around mount eden some more, we've had the best soya lattes at Shakeys in Kingsland and also at this really cool cafe in downtown mount Eden called Frasers. Soya lattes are our Sunday treat nowadays.



I've also deeply felt vegan happiness since I last wrote. At this food market called Nosh, which is like a 2 minute walk from our house, I found that they sell yummy vegan ice cream (!!!) it's kind of dangerous for my wallet that i live so close to vegan ice cream though..


I've also been introduced to this awesome Asian supermarket called Blissful that sells loads of vegan fake meat products, for a cheap price aswell! So far we've tried dried soy strips, sausages and, my absolute favorite, these amazing vegan fake beef chunks that are to die for!


Writing of food makes me starving so I'm gonna hit the kitchen now and catching up with watching some House of Carda before Guy comes home from work. 

Xxxx and love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment