Saturday 21 March 2015

Camper life - nz style

Yesterday we said goodbye (for now) to Trish, Martin and Rotorua to head out south - to a little camping site on the south side of Lake Taupo, the biggest lake in new zeeland, and, the second biggest lake in Southern Hemisphere.




It is so lovely here. We fell in love with the place as soon as we arrived to our new home. So here we're gonna work for a couple of hours a day and live a true caravan life.



Last night we enjoyed the lake view and met all the friendly staff working here and today they lend us a kayak (a first timer for me!). We paddled around the lake and found a sweet spot when we went through some bushes, absolutely stunning and the only sound we could here were the birds around us (unfortunately I don't have any photos, as I didn't want to risk having one of my many clumsy moments and drop my phone in the water..). 

Anyway. The nature here is breath taking! It feels like I'm living in a movie here. Sweet, sweet life!




Oh, and today's the Persian new years so we just had a tofu barbecue, yummm. Sale no mobarak all you Persian peeps out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment